change launcher icons

Thomas Blasejewicz thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp
Thu Aug 7 16:13:19 UTC 2014

(2014/08/07 23:56), Liam Proven wrote:
> On 7 August 2014 16:29, Thomas Blasejewicz <thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
>> Yes, does not change anything.
> So if you do this:
>
> * quit LO Writer if running
> * right-click Launcher icon for LO Writer, pick "Unlock from Launcher"
>
> Then run LOWriter from the Dash... what does its icon look like?
>
>> And every time I "touch" those setting,
>> Ubuntu becomes unresponsive for quite a while (freezes).
> Which settings?

I mean "unlock" an icon and then reinsert it anew etc.
(I believe I tried lauching Writer and looked at the icon -> it was a
picture -> inserted into launcher = orange folder.)

But freezing has escalated now, so that I cannot try your other suggestions:
Ubuntu does not respond at all!
Not even restarting the computer, by cutting the power (nother else
works) and restarting brings this thing back on line.
Thank heavens this is not a production machine ...

Any ideas as to how to escape from this?
Except reinstalling for fourth time in one day ...