VirtualBox

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:15:30 UTC 2014

On 5 August 2014 15:07, Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> Thanks Liam and compdoc, I thought that I had read somewhere that I would be
> unable to simply put my Widows 7 install disc into the drive and, hey
> presto, the partition would be reformatted and Windows 7 installed and ready
> for use. Have I got it wrong?

It's not magical or automatic. You have to back up anything you want
to keep, ensure you have a valid licence key and copies of any
programs you wish to reinstall, boot your PC from the media, run the
installation, select your existing Windows partition, format it,
install to that partition, then reinstall the Ubuntu bootloader
afterwards...

But it's perfectly doable. If you installed Ubuntu you should be able
to install Windows.