apache2 web server

Ian A Taylor iat at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 15:34:08 UTC 2014

Sajan

apachectl configtest

returns

Syntax OK

The server fffff.st-and.ac.uk

works ok

But I want to create a sub-directory
I am not sure if sub-directory is the correct word to utilize here.

But I want the web address

fffff.st-and.ac.uk/qwert

to respond in a different way from  fffff.st-and.ac.uk

I am no expert on this - nor do I claim to be
But it seems that virtual hosts was the way to go about this

Which is why I tried it
Nothing I see suggests it shouldn't work but it DOESN'T WORK

Which is why I posted this message in sheer exasperation

Regards

Ian Taylor

--

Thanking you.