Converting Laptops from XP to ubuntu

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 00:29:12 UTC 2014

Well, if the laptop have the power to run virtual machines (i.e. if it have
the VT-x / AMD-v CPU extension, docs:
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Processor_support), then, I vote for KVM,
instead of VirtualBox.

KVM is by far much faster and stable than VirtualBox. You'll just need to
run:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-virt python-spice-client-gtk

Then, just run "virt-manager" to start creating your guests... it will turn
your Laptop into a powerful hypervisor!

Just make sure your Laptop processor supports virtualization and, better,
if it is in fact, a 64-bit machine (+4G RAM). If yes, then you can use
SPICE Display for your KVM Windows/Ubuntu guests, your guest display
experience will be amazing!

Cheers!