Is it alright to start installing Ubuntu 14.04 already?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:31:37 UTC 2014

On 6 April 2014 16:19, Oliver Schneider <Borbarad at gmxpro.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering whether it's already fine to install it. What interests me
> most is whether installing the current beta version will seamlessly
> transition to the release version once the actual release takes place.
>
> I.e. will the usual:
>
>   apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> get me to the _stable_ 14.04 after the release?

Yes it will.

Personally I tend to wait until at least a few days /after/ release in
case of any showstopper bugs or gotchas, but I'm quite cautious like
that. I have the beta on 1 machine and it works well. *Huge*
quantities of updates coming down, though, as you might expect.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven