Running Ubuntu on Lenovo Laptops

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:09:38 UTC 2014

On 1 April 2014 11:00, Peter Smout <smoutpete at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hope all goes well, please report back any issues, and note that if you
> which you can install Ubuntu alongside XP and keep XP running on that
> machine (that doesn't help with XP reaching the end of it's natural life,
> much as the beloved Gnome 2 did a couple of years back)

Agreed with everything Pete S said. I like Unity too, but many people
just cannot let go of that taskbar-and-start-menu thing. If you're
like that, well, Lubuntu offers it, Xubuntu /can/ do it but needs
tweaking, but Mint Cinnamon does it out of the box.

My one small cavil with Pete S's post is that GNOME 2 lives on, and if
you want it, Mint's Maté edition provides it. No other Ubuntu remix
offers either of these desktops "out of the box".

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven