Manipulating file modification times in bulk

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 14:29:19 UTC 2013

I've got a bunch of SVG files created at various times; these are
shared with a bunch of folks via a web server.

Some browsers cannot view the raw SVG files, but can view them via an
HTML file, so what I actually present is a directory of the HTML
files.  These are created by a script and are very simple wrappers.

I would like the file modification times to be changed to the mtime of
the SVG file.  I can see some of the tools to do that, such as
touch(1) with --date.  It's not obvious to me how best to have a
script acquire the string representation of the dates.  Any
suggestions.

--
Kevin O'Gorman