Why has ClamAV just been installed on my 12.10 system?

Lanoxx lanoxx at gmx.net
Mon Sep 23 10:11:38 UTC 2013

On 19/09/13 13:30, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:26:42AM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
>> For some reason ClamAV has recently been installed on my 12.10 system, I
>> guess it must be because of something I've installed recently but I
>> can't think what really.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what might install ClamAV as a dependency?
> /var/log/apt/term.log may be helpful.

Aptitude has the parameters why and why-not, you can use them to
determine why something got installed on your system, e.g.:

aptitude why <packageName>

$ aptitude why firefox
  i xul-ext-unity Depends firefox (>= 10.0)

As far as I know calmav is not a standard package in the ubuntu
repositories, so I must have come from some repository you have manually
added.