Suddenly - no Nautilus!

সাজেদুর রহিম জোয়ারদার toshazed at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 01:03:49 UTC 2013

Dear Amichai Rotman
Hi, this is Ring from FOSS Bangladesh.

I guess you have installed/upgraded nautilus-extension-arista or nautilus
columns extension on your ubuntu 12.04 system and after that you got into
the problem.

Fact: Nautilus version in 12.o4 (Precise Pangolin) does not support
nautilus columns extension properly.

Probable solution: open terminal and give the following command --

> *sudo apt-get purge arista**

this will remove arista completely with its settings too and after that
hope you will be right back with your file manager.

If not solutes, then just follow the instructions from --
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

I found this bug report and it may be the same that you are affected too --
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1000744  -- if so
then just don't open a new bug report but say affected with your launchpad
id in the given bug report.

with regards
--
রিং/ring