py2exe.py missing?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Sep 20 12:45:40 UTC 2013

On Friday 20 September 2013 08:29:39 Liam Proven did opine:

> On 20 September 2013 05:39, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > But it needs py2exe.py to build it
>
> I know very very little Python and nothing about py2exe, but...
>
> Exe is the file type for DOS/Windows executables. They won't run on
> Linux. If your program is trying to use py2exe, this implies it's a
> Windows program.
>
> (Python runs on Windows; the fact that it's in Python doesn't mean
> it's a Linux app.)
>
> Are you sure that you have the right version or that your program
> works on Linux?

The package I pulled was for the linux version, from the list on the home
page at <http://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html#download>.  Its
the left column, bottom file.  But I'll go dblcheck.  Yes, now I have 2
identical copies of the src.zip for linux.

I did not pull the python only, the right hand column because that one has
no TTF support.

Thank you Liam.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: <http://gene.homelinux.net:6309/gene> should be up!

Disease can be cured; fate is incurable.
		-- Chinese proverb
         law-abiding citizens.