py2exe.py missing?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Sep 20 12:28:53 UTC 2013

On Friday 20 September 2013 08:21:37 William Scott Lockwood III did opine:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 20 September 2013 00:58:20 Gene Heskett did opine:
> >> Greetings;
> >>
> >> Trying to install F_Engrave, a gcode (cnc machining) generator helper
> >> utility, onto a 10.04.4 LTS install.
> >>
> >> But it needs py2exe.py to build it, and doesn't seem to be available
> >> from my existing sources.list.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have that line from an /etc/apt/sources.list that would
> >> find it for me?
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Cheers, Gene
> >
> > Update, I have installed cxfreeze, its reported substitute, but no
> > clue how to actually use it in place of py2exe on linux.
> >
> > Since I am on the python list, hoping to learn something by osmosis, I
> > will take my question there.  Thanks.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> If it's a drop in replacement, with command line and argument
> compatibility, you might consider 'ln -s cxfreeze py2exe'...

That has already been tried.  The current cxfreeze is in /usr/bin.  And
made no difference.  What hasn't been tried is putting the object link in
the location where the modules are searched for and linking it there.  But
I am not familiar enough with the typical python install to know where that
might be on the hard drive.  Ubuntu, 10.04.4 LTS, is python-2.6 I think.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: <http://gene.homelinux.net:6309/gene> should be up!

Like all young men, you greatly exaggerate the difference between one
young woman and another.
		-- George Bernard Shaw, "Major Barbara"
         law-abiding citizens.