more

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Thu Sep 19 20:43:56 UTC 2013

The power supply fan is blowing cool air, the cpu fan is blowing cool
air.  I have made no physical changes other than to add a dvd-ram drive
about a year ago. the computer is a compaq pressario model sr2172nx

I have had no other problems.  Re: the SMART data, I just tried to
access the logs, via: Applications->system->system log.  It does not
being anythin up, including error messages.  Tried twice. I have been
using ubuntu for about 5 years, linux since about 1995.

John
smart

I just tried to find 'smart' files via a terminal program, but
keystrokes do not create letters in the terminal.  Its like the window
is not selected, even though I can move it, and click on file->quit and
close it.