Help can't login!

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 13:18:32 UTC 2013

On 16 September 2013 14:06, Pete Smout <smoutpete at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the idea, just reassure me, the files are the .conf files in my
> home folder? Always nervous about moving system files!

They are config files for an account you can't access. What are you
going to lose?

No, it's not as simple as anything called .conf. It would be closer to
say "Anything whose name begins with a dot".

Start with *files* in ~ and move on to *directories* called
dot-something in there.

(You know that `~` means your home directory, right? So you can do

cd ~

... for example, and the shell will know what you mean.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884