Help can't login!

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Sun Sep 15 21:18:08 UTC 2013

I started having the same problem last night on the one of my boxes
running 32-bit Ubuntu 13.04 -- it hasn't occurred on my 64-bit machines.
I found a way around it that works for me. It may be the proverbial
"waving a dead chicken," as I have no idea why it works, but you know
linux: every little thing is an adventure!

Using ssh, logon to the problem box from a remote one; then logoff.
Then try logging on from the splash screen of the problem box. This has
worked twice now. (It's as if connecting remotely wakes something up.)