how to install a .package?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 18:53:39 UTC 2013

On 13 September 2013 19:38, Mauro Sanna <mrsanna1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what libraries I have to install.
> I've tried ia32-libs and libavahi-core7:i386 but without success.

Oh I see! Sorry, I did not understand.

I don't know what to suggest, I am afraid.

The only thing I can think of myself, and it is a bit of an ugly
kludge, would be to install some other packages that require lots of
32-bit dependencies, and see if they provide enough of a 32-bit
environment.

>From the standard repositories, BOINC pulls in a lot of 32-bit stuff,
and in terms of external programs, Skype does much the same, including
a load of Qt if you're on a GNOME  or Gtk-based 'buntu. It's an ugly
hack though and it might not work.

Googling suggests that there is an alternative tool, called "getlibs":

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/ubuntu-utils.html

I found that from here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/32bit_and_64bit

There may also be a package `multiarch-support` which might help:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/multiarch-support

I don't know if these ideas will be of any use, though. :¬(

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884