edge printing problem - maybe solved

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Thu Sep 12 23:40:18 UTC 2013

Hello rikona,

Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:15:33 PM, rikona wrote:

> Just did an update recently, and Kate has a printing problem - the
> edges of the paper are missing about half of each letter near the
> edge, all 4 sides. Before the update it was printing correctly - the
> whole letter was visible. It is something like a margin change, but
> I didn't do it. Gedit prints OK. Running Ub 12.04, but have several
> KDE apps installed, so may be KDE related. AFAICT, Kate doesn't have
> a margin setting. So, how can I fix this?

There are a ton of things on the web re kate not keeping settings, but
I didn't see a fix for this. Finally decided to try hard coding the
too-small margins in katerc. That works, but we'll have to see - the
complaints were that changes get overwritten. If that happens, I'll
post it.

> Also, is there a quick way to change EOL in Gedit? I edit lots of
> Win/DOS text files on the local net, and try to keep the EOLs
> straight...

Still looking for a way to do this...

--

 rikona