Samsung phone

Smoot Carl-Mitchell smoot at tic.com
Sat Sep 7 19:11:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-09-07 at 11:58 +0100, David Fletcher wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-09-06 at 13:08 -0400, Stephen wrote:
> > I want to connect a Samsung GT-S7560s cell phone with android 4.0
> > operating system to Ubuntu 12.04 as a mass storage device.
> >
> > When I plug it in the usb port and choose to open a folder I can see all
> > the directories that are on the sd card but I can't access any of the
> > files in them. I need to have usb access to add and remove files from my
> > phone.
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this. Thanks in advance;
> > Stephen
> >

> My son suggests:-
> http://m.webupd8.org/2013/01/upgrade-to-gvfs-with-mtp-support-in.html?m=1

With my Samsung S3 running Androis 4.1.2, when you attach the phone via
USB, you will see a notification in the status bar.  Pull down the bar
and touch the "Connected as a ..." alert.  Choose the "Media Device"
option.  You will see the phone storage in a filebrowser.  If you are a
CLI junkie, the volume is mounted under /run/user/<username>/gvfs.

--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell
System/Network Architect
smoot at tic.com