"Hand of Thief Trojan targets all common Linux distributions"

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 12:18:57 UTC 2013

It's interesting.  I read this yesterday.

This morning I was doing moderator chores, and there was a message
from Chase.  Of course it looked very odd coming to this list, but if
it had come to me directly, it would not have seemed so strange except
for the use of "don't" and "in anyway" for which a bank would have
used "do not" and "in any way".  It even directed me to log in to
"chase.com" which is entirely safe.

However, that was just the first screenful.  The HTML that followed
_looked_ like it was going to chase, but the actual link was somewhere
else.

Now this may have been the ordinary, feckless attack that has been
failing to breach Linux all along.  Maybe not.  But I am taking note.