Printers and Scanners for Ubuntu (12.04, or 13.04)

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri Sep 6 16:37:34 UTC 2013

On 09/06/2013 12:23 PM, Gilles Gravier wrote:
> Cheesy in what way?
>
> Hardware bad?
>
> Print quality bad?
>
> Ubuntu support bad?
>
> Windows support bad?
>
> Can you qualify the statement a bit more?
>
> Thanks,
> Gilles

Poorly made, built not to last too long. The few units I have looked
at personally seem to reflect that opinion. (I have an old HP LaserJet
2200dn, that I have thought of replacing, but I have paid to have it
repaired a couple of times, since I don't see anything modern that I
would trust.) On the good side, I read that HP printers are 100%
Linux compatible, but if the product is not solid, so what? Also,
HP will not support anything over 5 years old--won't even make a
manual available on the Internet--so after 5 years, you may have to
throw the thing out. I am very disappointed with HP, since at one time
they made the cream of the crop.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley