Obtain IP address of wired HP printer on ubuntu 12.04

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 14:30:37 UTC 2013

FWIW, here's the info:

Obtain the IP address

1: Connect the network cable to the product and to the network. Turn
the product on.

2: Wait for 60 seconds before continuing. During this time, the
network recognizes the product and assigns an IP address or host name
for the product.

3: At the product control panel, press the OK button.

4: Press the right arrow  to highlight the Reports menu, and then
press the OK button.

5: Press the right arrow  to highlight the Config Report option, and
then press the OK button.

6: Find the IP address on the Self Test/Configuration page.