Precise Pangolin or Lucid Lynx

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Sun Oct 27 20:52:58 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-27 at 12:19 -0700, Noah wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to build a new server with the latest ubuntu build but want to
> maintain the long term support.
>
> I plan to build a 12.04LTS system
>
> what is the difference between Precise Pangolin or Lucid Lynx?

Precise Pangolin is the codename for the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS release, which
was published in April 2012 and will be supported until April 2017.

Lucid Lynx is the codename for the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS release, which was
published in April 2010 and was supported on the desktop until May 2013
(already out of support) and on the server will be supported until April
2015.

More details about the different Ubuntu releases, their codenames, and
support schedules can be found on the wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases