Anyone interested in a "GNOME 2 look and feel" remix?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 12:58:36 UTC 2013

On 25 October 2013 20:45, compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com> wrote:
> However, starting with 13.10 I have been unable to make vnc4server, or
> tightvncserver, or xrdp (which relies on vnc4server) work. Same is true for
> the x11rdp scripts and how tos from scarygliders. All I get are black or
> gray screens when connecting.

I had that even with 12.04 *if* I was using hardware 3D acceleration.
Unity is an inherently compositing desktop and it doesn't play nice
with 2D-only displays, AFAICS.

I must confess, I had not thought of simply switching to a 2D desktop.
I just used ssh & put up with it.  I think I will reinstall that
machine and try again. :¬)

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884