Re: Anyone interested in a "GNOME 2 look and feel" remix?

Caleb Howland sonikkuamerica365 at live.com
Fri Oct 25 20:27:58 UTC 2013

At this point in time, I would not recommend MATE due to its heavy reliance on the now-severely-deprecated GTK+ 2 toolkit. If you want a GNOME 2 look and feel, I would suggest customizing Cinnamon (which relies on GTK+ 3) or XFCE with two panels. With that in mind, I would build my image on Cinnamon, editing the relevant default configuration to place two panels and arrange them to look like GNOME 2.x.

Caleb Howland

Independent Testing Contributor

Ubuntu