bottom posting with Gmail

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 15:10:45 UTC 2013

On 17 October 2013 20:27, James Freer <jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I should add that I am using the Firefox browser with Gmelius
> so there's no ads. I really like it - also has a quick reply... but
> this appears above quoted text so fo bottom posting you need to click
> the 'more options', then ctrl-end and you are at the bottom.

You don't need to do that.

The function needed is a Labs feature. You just need to go into
Settings | Labs | Quote selected text

message. (Now works with the mouse too!))

Enable the option.

Then, in normal Gmail - not the Basic HTML version, and in any desktop
browser, without the need for any addons - just highlight the block of
text to which you're answering *before* you click "Reply".

You then get a new window, with the quoted text, your sig below it,
and the cursor positioned below the quote, ready to type. No need for
addons, special modes, anything.

You can of course highlight the whole message if you're not replying
to any specific bit.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884