reconfigure keyboard

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 14:20:08 UTC 2013

On 18/10/13 13:47, Colin Law wrote:
> On 18 October 2013 13:14, Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> have you tried System-Preferences-Keyboard??
>>>
>> Yep. As far as I can see there's nothing in there that alters anything
>> pertaining to this particular problem. It must be something to do with
>> termcap info.
> In System Settings > Keyboard > Typing there is a link Layout
> Settings.  That will have (I think) the available keyboard layouts.
> Perhaps the wrong one has been selected.  You should see English (UK)
> as one of the options.

Hi, Colin.

It is set to English UK.

it looks as though the route to choose is either 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure
keyboard-configuration' or edit '/etc/default/keyboard' by hand
according to the Debian docs.

I'll try both if necessary & report back.

Cheers,

     Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
Arch Linux, CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Spherical & That Damn Cat, OS X Snow Leopard & Tiger, Scientific Linux 6.4, Ubuntu Quantal, Raring & Saucy