HAL gone in Saucy, now what?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 05:48:41 UTC 2013

What makes links like /dev/sr0 to such things as /dev/dvd now? HAL used
to and since I did the upgrade, I still have all those HAL rules.
/dev/cdrom is created as a symlink to /dev/sr0, but not /dev/cdrw
dev/dvd nor /dev/dvdrw
Is all the HAL stuff to be erased? Inquiring minds would like to know
and I'm scared! And, what takes it's place? :) Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /