USB sound [solved]

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 11 13:10:35 UTC 2013

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 12:48:34 +0100
R Kimber wrote:

> OK.  I found a way of installing 3.11.1 on my 12.04 system
>
> http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2013/09/kernel-3-11-1-released-install-upgrade-in-ubuntu-linux-mint/
>
> I followed the very simple instructions and I now have snd-usb-hiface
> module loaded and USB sound is working fine !!
>
> Many many thanks Oliver, and also to the others who contributed to this
> thread.  I'm very grateful.

Just to add, in case anyone has similar problems to me, I added the
following to the end of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf:

options snd-usb-audio index=0
options snd_hda_intel index=1
options snd_bt87x index=2

in order to ensure that USB was the system default.  I found that just
options snd-usb-audio index=0
wasn't enough.  I had to be explicit about all the cards.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber