ancient LibreOffice

Udvarias Ur udvarias1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 05:04:23 UTC 2013

I just got an update from 1:3.5.4-0Ubuntu1.1 to 1:3.5.7-0Ubuntu4. (What
happened to everything in between?)

The released version on the LibreOffice WEB site is 4.1.2.

According to Wikipedia® (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice):

    Version 3.5 was released on 14 February 2012.

    Version 3.6 was released on 8 August 2012.

        With more import and export features, colour scales and data
        bars in calc.

    Version 4.0 was released on 7 February 2013.

    Version 4.1 was released on 25 July
    2013.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice#cite_note-ghacks-76>

        With more than 1,000 bug fixes and improvements, first large UI
        change since forked from OpenOffice.org, new sidebar feature,
        able to handle older Mac formats.

    Version 4.2 is scheduled to be released in February 2014.

Why is Ubuntu still upgrading a version of LibreOffice that is almost 2
years old? Especially when there is a newest version contains so many
bug fixes, as well as many improvements!

I've downloaded the 4.1.2 tarballs. They merely contain deb files. If
Canonical doesn't get off their duff soon I'm just going to remove the
version they upgraded and install the version I downloaded from the
LibreOffice WEB site!

--
Udvarias Ur

This letter was generated and sent from Thunderbird 24.0 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04.2 LTS.

Cette lettre a été générée et envoyée à partir de Thunderbird 24.0 sur Ubuntu Linux 12.04.2 LTS.