Wrong browser when automatically reporting a crash

Patrick Asselman iceblink at seti.nl
Wed Oct 9 08:11:26 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-07 15:46, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 08/10/13 00:18, william drescher wrote:

>>> In Thunderbird, go Edit>Preferences>Advanced>General and click on
>>> Config Editor. Type in-
>>>
>>> mail.compose.max_recycled_windows
>>>
>>> and set the integer value from "1" to "0".
>>>
>>> Spell checker will work.
>>>
>>> BC
>>>
>> Basil, now that you have waved your magic want, could you share with
>> us mere mortals WHY that works ?
>>
>> bill
>
> All to do with Electrolytes.......
>
> BC
>
> --
> "If you read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only
>  think what everyone else is thinking." - Haruki Murakami

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mail.compose.max_recycled_windows+spelling+check

Apparently to speed things up, after you composed a message in TB the
software does not destroy the compose window, but rather just hides it
and then cleans it up to be reused for the next message composition.
However for some reason it breaks the spell check.

The option mentioned above disables this feature, so it completely
destroys the message compose window and creates a new one from scratch.
Slightly slower, but since this feature seems to have been invented
around 2001, probably not noticable anymore on modern hardware...

Best regards,
Patrick