Fw: lost wi-fi to PC's with UBUNTU OS, but not to those with other OS's.

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 4 23:32:31 UTC 2013

Forwarding to Ubuntu-users. The Ubuntu Members admins are really not
the correct audience.

@Ubuntu-users: please copy rkoomans at yahoo.com on the replies.

..C..

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 22:13:36 -0000
From: bob <rkoomans at yahoo.com>
To: C de-Avillez <hggdh2 at ubuntu.com>
Subject: lost wi-fi to PC's with UBUNTU OS, but not to those with other
OS's.

I have in one day lost wi-fi to all my PC's with UBUNTU OS, but not to
those with other OS's, like MS Win 7, or MAC OS. (I have 5 kids, each
with own PC). I have checked and rechecked the settings and passwords to
no satisfaction. The WiFi is affected as well as the LAN side. YET, if I
reboot those affected into their Dual-Boot MSWIN7 OS, I have o problems
accessing the internet either through the attached LAN cable or the WiFi
system. I am using a BELKIN-N600 wireless router modem of about 2 months
old. I feel that it is a OS system fault and may have come with an
UPDATE yesterday, as they all worked well until then. The Belkin works
with the other OS's installed on most of my computers, yet only refuses
to work ONLY on UBUNTU.... can you find out if anyone else also has had
such problems recently. If a repair patch was to be used, it would have
to be sent as a package through email, and put on USB to enter on UBUNTU
indirectly, obviously as UBUNTU cannot access the internet.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
bob (https://launchpad.net/~rkoomans)

ab alio expectes alteri quod feceris