ip netns monitor gives inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 10:05:28 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have Ubuntu 13.04 with kernel 3.8.0-19-generic.
When I try
"ip netns monitor"
I get
"inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory".

This happens when I am running it as user from /root.

I googled for it. In some cases they say that "inotify_add_watch"
error (not related to ip netns monitor) occurs when a package named
cryptsetup is not installed. In my machine, however, the cryptsetup is
installed:

root at a: dpkg -l cryptsetup
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
ii  cryptsetup     2:1.4.3-4ubu amd64        disk encryption support - startup

Any ideas?
regards,
Kevin