Run Script at Login

Pete Smout smoutpete at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 21:36:09 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have written myself a script to make my life easier (this maybe
everyday to most on here but it is a personal landmark!) I am now
struggling to get it to run at login (not boot).

I want the script to run when <user1> logs in not <user2> or <user3> etc.

I have put the path to script into the start-up applications list from
GUI [path/to/file in the command field] for <user1> made the script
executable and logged out and in again, but the script does not run (I
also tried rebooting then login).

I am sure I'm missing something simple but what I don't know!

Thanks in advance

Pete s