Installing source package of a speicified version (the one installed) in Ubuntu

sktsee sktseer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 00:08:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:07:52 +0000, Tom H wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:55 PM, sktsee <sktseer at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>> You are running into this bug:
>>
>> apt-get source ignores default release when source package selected
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/1179999
>
> Thanks for tracking down the bug.
>
> Unless I've misunderstood, the dpkg/apt developer says in the Debian bug
> that if you have both the deb and deb-src entries, apt-source does the
> right thing, which isn't the OP's experience.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the Debian developer (triager?) said that. I don't
think he really tested it very well. The bug reporter followed up after
his comment where he showed apt-get clearly ignorning the default release
option even after adding the corresponding deb entries to sources.list.
I've tested it on precise, raring and saucy and I got the same results as
the bug reporter.

What's interesting, though, is according to Ubuntu's apt changelog Debian
bug #441178 was supposed be closed with the release of apt version
0.7.23, but on Debian's bugtracker it still lists it as open. So maybe it
was fixed then but a later change has caused a regression.

--
sktsee