Getting action on a known, identified, reproducible bug in Saucy

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:22:57 UTC 2013

On 18 November 2013 16:00, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> What can one do?
>
> I have a problem with Saucy, fully updated.
>
> It is not a new problem & it affects others. It is accurately
> described by the following open bugs in Launchpad:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1235864
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1212199
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1247468
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd-shim/+bug/1252121
>
> AFAICS these are all duplicates of the same issue.
>
> I have subscribed to these. There has been no action in 2 months; all
> I am getting is what looks like boilerplate requests to open a *new*
> bug.
>
> Why is this? How will that help when there are at least 4 outstanding
> at the moment?

I think the point about making a new bug report using the method
indicated is so that the logs and such like are made available for
analysis i the hope of getting further information.  This happens
occasionally to me also, I am just waiting for it to happen again then
I will report it.

Not sure what you mean by "no action in 2 months" as there seems to be
quite a lot of activity on them, one was only reported today

Colin