How can I install the new version of Flashplayer in Firefox.

Pete Smout smoutpete at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 10:54:59 UTC 2013

@google hope you enjoyed reading this, It had nothing to do with you!
sent from my HTC.
On Nov 18, 2013 3:44 AM, "Stephen" <stephen_o at bell.net> wrote:

> On 13-11-17 05:51 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 17 November 2013 10:29, Stephen <stephen_o at bell.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I went to plugins in firefox and it told me that flashplayer needed to
be
>>> updated. I clicked on the button to update it now, and it sent me to a
web
>>> site where it could be downloaded.
>>
>> How did you install the plugin in the first place?  Normally one would
>> install flashplugin-installer via apt-get or the Software Center and
>> it would automatically update.
>>
>> Which version of Ubuntu are you using and what do you see if, in a
>> terminal, you do
>> apt-cache policy flashplugin-installer
>>
>> What is the name and version of the plugin that you see in Firefox
>> plugins?  On Ubuntu 13.10 32 bit I see
>> Shockwave Flash 11.2,202,327
>>
>> Also what version of Firefox is it?
>>
>> Colin
>>
> I'm using Ubuntu 12.04. Firefox 25.0  then it says Mozilla Firefox for
Ubuntu canonical - 1.0
> Shockwave Flash 11.2,202,327 is the same as you.
> When I click to see if plugins are up to date I get this message
>
> Shockwave FlashShockwave Flash 11.2 r202
> vulnerable
> Update Now
>
> When I click on update now it goes to adobe web site and I choose the one
for Ubuntu 10+ it asks me which app I want to use to update the plugin?
> I'm totally lost and I can't play the game on the website without
updating fashplayer.

Don't want to disparage the truth of that statement, but not the most
helpful answer!

I don't know how to update ff flashplugin but Google chrome has a more
up-to-date flashplugin shipped as default with it, that I sometimes use
when sites say ff is outta date!

I have tried without any sucsess to link ff to Google chromes flash player!

Not an ideal answer but should help you play the game!

Hope you win!

Pete s