Has anyone successfully preseeded multipath installs?

Stephen Wood smwood4 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:55:28 UTC 2013

I've been unable to get a successful multipath install working on Ubuntu
12.04. I see that the multipath module is loaded correctly, but my drive
still shows up as /dev/sd[a-d] and nothing is in /dev/mapper.

Here's the relevant parts of my preseed:

disk-detect disk-detect/multipath/enable boolean true

d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm_span boolean true
d-i partman-auto/purge_lvm_from_device boolean true

d-i partman-auto/method string lvm

d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true
d-i partman-md/device_remove_md boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/confirm boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/confirm_nooverwrite boolean true

d-i partman-auto/init_automatically_partition \
 select Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM

d-i partman-auto-lvm/guided_size string max
d-i partman-auto-lvm/new_vg_name string vg00

d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string                         \
      boot-root ::                                            \
                64 128 128 ext3                                 \
                      $primary{ } $bootable{ }                \
                      method{ format } format{ }              \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext4 }    \
                      mountpoint{ /boot }                     \
              .                                               \
              128 512 20% linux-swap                         \
                      method{ swap } format{ }                \
              .                                               \
              2048 4096 6144 ext3                             \
                      method{ format } format{ } $lvmok{ }    \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext4 }    \
                      mountpoint{ /var/log }                      \
              .                                               \
              2048 4096 100% ext3                             \
                      method{ format } format{ } $lvmok{ }    \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext4 }    \
                      mountpoint{ / }                      \
d-i partman/default_filesystem string ext4

d-i partman/confirm_write_new_label boolean true
d-i partman/choose_partition select finish
d-i partman/confirm boolean true
d-i partman/confirm_nooverwrite boolean true

--
Stephen Wood
www.heystephenwood.com