Filing bugs (was about some broken software or other)

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 04:05:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
[ snipped ]
> The real problem is the total disconnect between between this list and
> ANYBODY at Cannonical.  Go to launchpad to file a bug, but I've changed
> ISP's, so my login from 2008 is no good. Try to create another account and
it claims I'm already registered.  Ask it to email me a password reset and
it must be going to the old ISP, which is at least 4 years old & out of
date.
[ snipped ]

Indeed this list is disconnected from Canonical.  Staff were about to
close the list some time ago, but allowed some volunteers to take over
moderation, and AFAIK they've never officially looked at it again.  My
take: there was more drama, venting and feckless grousing than they
were willing to support.

I never go to launchpad to file a bug.  I use ubuntu-bug(1), which is
part of apport.

Maybe somebody else has ideas about how to fix the launchpad login problem.

--
Kevin O'Gorman