Driver for Buffalo WI-U2-300D net thing

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Nov 12 22:04:19 UTC 2013

Tom Rausner wrote:
> I've been roaming the net for a couple of days trying to find a
> driver. It's for a Wireless USB-net"card" from Buffalo called
> WI-U2-300D.
>
> As far as I can see the chips are Ralink and the driver should be
> RT2800USB.
>
> Question is; where can I download this ?

The rt2800usb driver is a module coming with the kernel and should be
installed if you are using *Ubuntu 12.04 (and maybe older versions).
However, there is another precondition: the USB ID of your device must
be known to the driver. Can you post the output of the command

lsusb

in a terminal with the device plugged in? Then we can probably tell you
which kernel version includes that device.

Nils