Stop it already!

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 06:01:12 UTC 2013

On 9 November 2013 14:46, Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 11:27:06PM +0000, Tom H wrote:
>
>           .......snip.......
>>
>> 3) debian-multimedia was forced to change to deb-multimedia by Debian
>> (and Debian wasn't THAT happy about the new domain name because of the
>> "deb") so it's unsurprising that Ubuntu/Canonical would react to
>> fixubuntu's use of the Ubuntu logo and the fixubuntu name. The guy
>> could've just put the same info on his own micahflee website but he
>> has an anti-Ubuntu/Canonical agenda (and no understanding of the
>> concept of live and let live). Ubuntu/Canonical have every right to
>> defend themselves and their logo and name.
>
> Not in this instance according to the EFF. I suspect they know a few
> things about the law.
>

>> 4) The fixubuntu info's good (in 13.10, "gsettings set
>> com.canonical.Unity.Lenses remote-content-search none" can be changed
>> via the "security and privacy" applet) but "fix Ubuntu" is a misnomer
>> and a misuse of "Ubuntu".
>
> Where did you study law?
>
> --
> Bob Holtzman
> Your mail is being read by tight lipped
> NSA agents who fail to see humor in Doctor
> Strangelove
> Key ID 8D549279

forum for this discussion. I (on behalf of the moderation team) have
previously pointed out the correct place to do so and would invite
people to move their conversation there. To my knowledge the Canonical
legal team do not follow this mailing list so conversation on this
list is not capable of resolving the issue at hand.

If anyone has any technical questions about Ubuntu please start a new
thread, any further posts to this thread will most likely result in
further action against those users unable to comply. If you feel this
is being handled incorrectly on this mailing list the correct response
is to email the moderation team [1] rather than the list itself.

[1] ubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com

--
Regards,

Jared Norris