Epson XP700 All-in-One and Linux drivers

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Nov 7 18:24:20 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 01:11 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 11/07/2013 12:51 PM, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
>> Hello lists,
>>
>> does anyone have any thoughts regarding suitable drivers (both printer
>> and scanner) for the Epson XP700? I've performed a few searches and
>> turned up zero results.
>>
>> A friend unfortunately bought the device before asking for advice and
>> the only option I can see presently is for it to be returned as "not
>> fit for purpose", although I'm not hopeful for success as Linux was
>> not specified at the point of sale.
>>
>> Many thanks for any thoughts.
>
> http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Epson/Epson-XP-700_Series
>

> Color inkjet printer, max. 5760x1440 dpi, works Perfectly

Epson provides drivers:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=58608&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_O_LINUX

In general, Epson is very good about supplying Linux drivers for its products. I would suggest that they know more about their
products than openprinting.org. Unless you're one of the FOS fanatics.

--doug
--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M.Greeley