Netflix

Graham Todd gct7photography at gmail.com
Thu May 30 12:53:29 UTC 2013

I'm running MATE on 12.04 through Nota Linux, so this may not be any
help to you if your setup is different.

I notice an application (Extension) in Chromium which lets you connect
with Netflix, and I daresay there is one in Opera too.

Much as I deprecate the fact, most "paid for" services do not like the
Linux platform as an aspect of Linux is to be able to share anything
which appears on your computer with anything that appears on any other
Linux box, and sharing is NOT something these "paid for" services want
you to do.

Also, the need for open coding standards allows anyone to improve the
code, and learn from it.  Again something the "paid for" services look
down on.

It is probably the reason that Netflix makes it so difficult to use
their service from a Linux box, and probably the least expensive way of
doing it is to use an X-Box (either yours or a friend's), but I could
do without one if it meant giving up Netflix.  There are many
downloaded films as code which Linux users can run "out there" after
all.

++Graham Todd