Cyberstalking WAS Re: dual booting Ubuntu 13.04 and Windows 7

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed May 29 08:02:35 UTC 2013

On 28 May 2013 23:58, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah ha! We're getting closer here... how does someone off of your network
> impede your machine's performance?" Jared hit it on the head, if you have
> wifi, unplug it. Use wired instead. No one gets in that you don't allow to
> get in. If you ~must~ have Wifi, then that hub/router is the logical
> starting point for your security, as firewalling your computer is barely
> necessary if the network is secure on it's own.

This is excellent advice.

Use a cable. Turn off Wifi in your hub. Do not use Powerline
Ethernet-over-electricity cabling transcievers, just a cable from PC
to hub.

Then you /cannot/ be snooped or intruded upon if your stalker does not
have physical access to your premises.

If the layout is physically inconvenient, tough. Move stuff around.
Get longer cables. It's what I did.

> But this, as you say, is BS if you don't give us enough information, ...like
> how someone gets into your machine in the first place. Fill in the gaps,

I have to agree.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884