not so easy to install ubuntu

Sabniveesu Shashank shashank16392 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 03:06:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Carlos Contreras
<clubcientifico at gmail.com>wrote:

> I did receive a CD with Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
> when I intent to do the installation it ask me to do the partition. I
> fill the form but when install tell me that is not defined the ROOT
> partition. ¿what I must do?
>
> many thank s
> --
> Carlos Contreras, presidente
> Club Científico de Peñalolén, Santiago, CHILE
> http://www.clubcientifico.cl
> fonos:  562-7691307    09-2114827
>
> --

At the partition step:

1. If you've got X GB of space & 4 GB of RAM, reduce it to (X-4) GB and
select '/' in the "Mount as" drop-down menu
2. Now choose that 4 GB (newly appearing) space and choose 'Swap' in the
'Partition Type/Mount as' drop-down  {whichever that holds this option, I
don't remember exactly}

This would do the thing!!