How to uninstall things installed with dpkg?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun May 19 19:37:56 UTC 2013

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> 2013/5/19 Bill Dengler(arch Gnu/Linux) <billkd2008 at gmail.com>:
> > Or dpkg -r packagename
>
> That one gave me some errors, but I could uninstall Apache OpenOffice
> and LibreOffice now, at least.
>
> Something is still wrong though (translated to English with Google
> Translate): ~ $ sudo apt-get autoremove

You could avoid deficiencies of google translation if you start your
command with "LCALL=C" like this:

LCALL=C sudo apt-get autoremove

Then the output is in English even if your standard language is Swedish.

> Reading package lists ... Finished
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information ... Finished
> You should run "apt-get-f install" to correct these.
> The following packages have dependencies that can not be satisfied:
>   libreoffice-core: Depends: libreoffice-common (> 1:3.5.7) but it is
> not installed
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try with -f.
> ~$ sudo apt-get -f install

As I understand it, you wanted to remove libreoffice. Then I would have
tried

sudo dpkg -r libreoffice-core

instead of installing unwanted things.

Nils