disabling of XWindows start on ubunt

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Sun May 5 14:42:03 UTC 2013

Hi,
 I am now already in the middle of 13.04 installation.

I tried recovery mode, I could enter to it, but I couldn't delete
lightdm.override as it is read only when in recovery mode.

I did not try 'update-grub' but I am not sure it would work since the
change was not in grub. I don't know.

I have the installation CD; just for the future - is it possible to boot with it
with a RW permissions ? With fedora it is possible if I remember well
also in "rescure mode"
(from the disk itself) after chroot /mnt/sysimage.

rgs
Kevin