writing data to disk message... when safely remove USB drive

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Sun May 5 09:54:32 UTC 2013

Dear ALL

I'm facing one strange issue, whenever I copy some data to USB thumb
drive ( some big files, say 2GB .avi or something) its displays progress
bar on screen that data is being copied to disk and finally it finished
but strange this starts when I safely remove that USB drive, a safely
remove drive window opens with message " writing data to disk " and it
takes long time. If I remove device before that message goes, nothing is
written to disk ..!!!!!

so it means no data is copied when I use Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v to thumb
drive, but data start copying when I safely remove USB drive.

why like that ???

it happens with each and every thumb drive and ext. HDDs.

following is the details:-

  cat /etc/issue

Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS \n \l

uname -a

Linux Dell-Latitude 3.5.0-28-generic #48~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 24
21:42:24 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--

*/

Jatin Khatri

RHCSA RHCE CCNA