Unity window focus.

pete smout psmouty at live.com
Fri May 3 18:34:40 UTC 2013

On 03/05/13 16:19, MS wrote:
> I am finding it intensely annoying that if I move the mouse quickly,
> often when making for the X in the left hand corner, I loose focus on
> the application window in question and am left with a display of all
> windows/workspaces.  I then have to right click on the chosen window to
> reselect it before gingerly moving the mouse to close it.
>
> This is with U 12.04 and I expect more recent versions of Unity have had
> these rough edged smoothed out, I am just not a cutting edge person.
>
> Is there a simple fix?
>
> Many thanks
>
> MS

Hi,

Hope this is what you are after, on my 12.04 go into 'Advanced Settings'
and select 'Windows' the bottom option is 'Window Focus Mode' 3 options
'Click, Mouse, & Sloppy' Pick whichever suits you best! (got mine on
mouse which means 'focus follows mouse'. But windows converts may prefer
'Click' so you have to click the window to focus it. No harm in playing
around though easy to put right!

HTH

Pete