Ubuntu 13.04 freezes when booted with 2 monitors

Dave Henley dhenley1 at live.com
Thu May 2 15:32:47 UTC 2013

I started the 13.04 live dvd (64 bit) and did a fresh install from DVD.
During the live session my two monitors worked like a charm.
After installation on the hdd and a reboot the system shows a login screen.
Logging in works and then my screen freezes. The mouse works, but no app within unity is responding.

The second monitor is flickering and shows merely a distorted toolbar.

When booted with one display everything works. If a second monitor is hooked up to the system, no problems and the dual screen setup works like before during the live dvd session.

What causes these errors and how to solve this. I`d like to boot my new ubuntu with two displays that actually work.

Cheers,
Dave