RARING - software center problem

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 02:59:19 UTC 2013

On 30 March 2013 16:13, Johan Scheepers <johansche at telkomsa.net> wrote:

> Good day,
> I am having this message when updating.
>
> Updating software catalog...this may take a moment.
> INFO:softwarecenter.db.**pkginfo_impl.aptcache:**aptcache.open()
> WARNING:softwarecenter.db.**update:The file: '/usr/share/app-install/**
> desktop/sonic-visualiser:x-**sonicvisualiser-layer.desktop' could not be
> read correctly. The application associated with this file will not be
> included in the software catalog. Please consider raising a bug report for
> this issue with the maintainer of that application
> WARNING:softwarecenter.db.**update:The file: '/usr/share/app-install/**
> desktop/workrave:workrave.**desktop' could not be read correctly. The
> application associated with this file will not be included in the software
> catalog. Please consider raising a bug report for this issue with the
> maintainer of that application
> WARNING:softwarecenter.db.**update:The file: '/usr/share/app-install/**
> desktop/sonic-visualiser:x-**sonicvisualiser.desktop' could not be read
> correctly. The application associated with this file will not be included
> in the software catalog. Please consider raising a bug report for this
> issue with the maintainer of that application
> Software catalog update was successful.
>
> Some pointers how to report please.
> Thanks
> Johan

It is not uncommon for issues like this to be present in a development
release. It could be due to packages being sync'd or one of another million
different reasons. The error message itself shows you how to report the
error though, it states to raise a bug report with the maintainer of each
of those packages.

If you're not confident raising bug reports I'd strongly recommend using
the latest release not the development release.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris