Wifi not working

PIYUSH SINGH meetpiyush2006 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 05:20:47 UTC 2013

Hi ,

I have a Dell studio 1555 and its wifi isn't working. I checked with the
rfkill list and nothing is softblocked or hardblocked .

Its showing the enable wireless and enable networking in the network manger
notification applet but they system isn't ale to detect any wireless
networks and even if i create a wireless network using my laptop its
created (An Ad-Hoc network ) but that is also not visible to my other
device.

I also removed and reinstalled the wireless module (dell-wmi ) using the
modprobe.

Thanks for the help in advance

Cheers ,
Piyush